MP Board Class 9th Special English Postcard Writing
1. Aditya, who lives in Delhi, left for Shimla on a week’s holiday on SUNDAY. On the train he realised that he had forgotten to return his local library books due on Saturday. The library is closed on Wednesday. lie decided to write his brother a postcard from Shimla requesting him to return the books which he had left on his table. Write the postcard for him in your answer sheet giving all details. Do not add any new information. Write your answer in about 50 words or less.(5 marks)
17 June 20xx Dear Lalit
I reached Shimla safely. On my way I realized I had forgotten to return three books of my local library due to be returned on Saturday. These books are lying on my study table. Please return these books to the librarian any day
|except on Wednesday because the library is closed on Wednesday.
AS 122, S.J. Enclave
Pin : 110029
2. Ramganesh has invented a new software for learning languages. You can see his notes below. He writes a postcard to his friend Ravi about it. Use the information to write the postcard. Do not exceed 50 words. Copy the format of the post card from the question paper in your answer sheet’ (5 marks)
Cirrus Electronic Systems – provide – multi-lingual software solution – launched – ‘India Speaks’ – Helps to learn any Indian language from another language – learn 15 languages from 210 combinations – possess-four parts – 150 terms – day to day needs – 400 sentences covered – helps get around everywhere.
You will be glad to know that the Cirrus Electronic Systems has launched ‘India Speaks’, a multi-lingual software solution invented by me. It will help to learn any Indian language from another language. It possesses in four parts some 150 terms of
|day to day needs. It covers 400
sentences and can help one get around anywhere. What do you think about it? Waiting for your reply.
425, New Colony,
Pin : 400001
3. You are attending a Tennis coaching camp in Bangalore. Write a postcard in not more than 50 words to your mother on your experiences in the camp. Copy the format of the postcard from the question paper in your answer sheet. (5 marks)
|1st October, 20xx
4. You are Shipra, do Shri Ram Naresh and are in Delhi to receive “The Bravery Award” for the .year 2004. The rehearsal for the function that is to take place on the 26th of January is over. Write a post-card to your parents who are living at 15, Esplanade Road, Cochin, telling them about the rehearsal in not more than 50 words. Copy the format of the post-card from the question paper in you answer sheet. (5 marks)
|21st January, 2008
Dear Mama and Papa
Yesterday I went for the rehearsal of the function of the Bravery Award that I will receive on ~’6th of January: There were 18 more recipients and even during the rehearsal my spirits were soaring high and a sense of pride overwhelmed me. We were told about
|our positions and how to conduct ourselves. Now we all are waiting for the final day. Do reach the venue on time. Yours lovingly
|Shri Ram Naresh
15, Esplanade Road
5. You are Akash. During your holidays you went to Lucknow to visit your cousin. You took part in a hiking expedition, to Nainital, with your cousin and his friends. Write a post¬card to your friend Gaurav, B-21, Pandav Nagar, Delhi, about your expedition, in not more than 50 words. Copy the format of the post-card from the question paper in your answer sheet.
|12th December, 20xx
I went on a very adventurous trip during the holidays. I had gone to Lucknow to visit my cousin. There I took part in a hiking expedition to Nainital with him and his friends. It was a most exciting and wonderful experience. I got a unique opportunity to view the natural beauty of Nainital from a totally new
|perspective. I have lots more adventure stories to share when we meet.
B-21, Pandav Nagar