MP Board Class 6th General English Solutions Revision Exercises 3
1. Fill in the blanks using words from the list given below:
(नीचे लिखी सूची से शब्दों का प्रयोग कर रिक्त स्थान
(favour, attacked, soldiers, himself, save, battle, house, cave.)
Once a neighbouring kind attacked his country. Luck did not favour him. He lost the battle. Many of his soldiers were killed and others ran away to save their lives. The King himself had to hide in a cave.
2. Give opposite word of the following:
(निम्न शब्दों के विपरीत शब्द लिखें:)
dark – light
beautiful – ugly
night – day
unhappy – happy
strong – weak
Grammar in Use
1. Make plurals of the following:
(निम्न शब्दों के बहुवचन बनाएँ:)
Calf – calves
leaf – leaves
branch – branches
key – keys
sheep – sheep
2. Make nouns from the following words:
(निम्न शब्दों के से संज्ञा:)
teach – teacher
play – player
clean – cleaner
think – thinker
write – writer
bowl – bowler
3. Change the bold verbs into simple past tense.
(नीचे लिखे काली स्याही में छपी क्रियाओं को साधारण भूतकाल में बदलो।)
i. He likes his grandmother.
He liked his grandmother.
ii. My father wakes up early in the morning.
My father woke up early in the morning.
iii. Girls run a race.
Girls ran a race.
iv. Like Gandhi he speaks truth.
Like Gandhi he spoke truth.
v. Arjun shoots at the right eye of the bird.
Arjun shot at the right eye of the bird.
4. Dictation of a paragraph from Lesson 1, 3, 4, 9, 10 and 12 each.
(पाठ 1, 3, 4, 9, 10 और 12 से एक परिच्छेद का शुतलेख लिखे।)
Students should do themselves.
5. Write 5 sentences on ‘A Cow’ or “your family”.
(गाय अथवा अपने परिवार पर 5 वाक्य लिखो।)
- A cow is a useful domestic animal.
- She is four footed.
- She eats grass, leaves, corn and hay.
- She gives us milk.
- Curd, butter and ghee are made from her milk.
1. Answer the following questions:
(निम्न प्रश्नों के उतर लिखें:)
What did Denu do?
Denu accepted King’s challenge and stood in the cold water of Yamuna the whole night.
Why did the boy keep his breakfast on the bookshelf?
The beggar did not turn up for some days so the boy kept his share on the bookshelf.
What did Dhania make for the fairies?
Dhania made five bright colorful pair of clothes for the fairies.
Why were all the students on the playground?
The Annual Sports Day is being celebrated in the school so all the students have assembled in the play ground.
What do we need to be successful in life?
We need to keep our eyes focused only on the goal. Then alone, we can be successful in life.
2. Say true of false.
(सही व गलत बताएँ।)
- Yudhisthir was a Kaurav Prince.
- Denu made clothes for the fairies.
- The kind boy was later known as Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- The boy kept the breakfast in the bookshelf because the beggar refused to take it.
- The elephant was wide ears.
- Gandhiji spelt kettle correctly.
3. Write a letter to your friend describing the picnic you had last Sunday.
(पिछले रविवार को हुई पिकनिक का वर्णन करते हुए अपने मित्र को एक पत्र लिखो।)
20, Tansen Nagar
10 June, 20 ……..
I am quite well here and hope the same for you. Today I will tell you about the picnic we had last Sunday.
Last week I went to Agra to my uncle’s place. There we decided to go for a picnic to Sikandra. I, with my three cousins, went to Sikandra last Sunday. We took some fruits, bread and other eatables with us. We reached Sikandra at 9 a.m. in the morning. It is Akbar’s tomb there. It is made of red stone.
There were lots of monkeys. We gave them nuts to eat. There were also deer and peacocks. After seeing the whole place we sat down to eat the eatables that we had. We sang songs and told stories. We enjoyed a lot. At 2 p.m. we thought of returning home. We reached home in a happy mood and felt quite fresh. I missed you there a lot. Rest is fine.