In this article, we will share MP Board Class 7th Social Science Solutions Chapter 11 The Delhi Sultanate Pdf, These solutions are solved subject experts from the latest edition books.
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Solutions Chapter 11 The Delhi Sultanate
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 11 Text Book Questions
Choose the correct alternatives from the following
Agra was made the capital by:
(a) Qutab – uddin Aibak
(b) Sikandar Lodi
(d) Firoz Shah
(b) Sikandar Lodi
Ib Battuah visited India during the » region of:
(b) Razia Sultan
(c) Alauddin Khilji
(d) Ibrahim Lodi
Mohammad Tuglaq odered the circulation of new currency of:
Balban served as Vazir for a period of:
(a) l0 yers
(b) 20 yers
(c) 30 yers
(d) 40 yers
(d) 40 yers
Fill in the blanks:
- The founder of slave dynasty was ………………
- The city of Jaunpur was founded by …………..
- Taimur Lang attacked Delhi in …………….. AD
- Ala-uddin Send ……………. to conquer Deccan.
- Qutab – ud – din – Aibak
- Firoz Shah Tuglaq
- Malik Kapur
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 11 Short Answer Type Questions
Describe the reforms made by Alauddin Khilji?
Alauddin Khilji made a number of reforms:
- Military reforms – Alauddin organized his army. He appointed die soldiers as per their ability. He started the practice of paying the soldiers in cash and also numbering and counting the horses. He repaired the old forts and got new ones built.
- Market reforms – Alauddin started market control system. He controlled prices. He organized a vigilance group to keep a check, on the market rates.
- Revenue Policy – Land revenue for all the lands was refixed on die measurement of land. Half of die produce was fixed as revenue.
What were the ambitious projects of Muhammud bin – Tuglaq? Why did he fail?
The ambitious projects of Muhammad bin Tuglaq were:
- Transfers of Capital.
- Introduction of token currency.
- Taxation in Doab.
Tuglaq was hasty and impatient That is why so many of his experiments failed and he has been called an ill-fated idealist
Describe the causes of the decline of the Delhi Sultanate.
The causes of the decline of the Delhi Sultanate:
- Weak administration – The Delhi Sultante had a dearth of able rulers. They did not try to establish a strong administration. The central government did not have control over the local rulers.
- No definite law of succession – After die death of a Sultan, war of succession ensued, only sword could decide the succession.
- Internal differences – There were differences and conflict among the Muslims on the basis of race, religion, caste and elan.
- 111 treatment of the Hindus and revolt by local rulers – Most of the Delhi Sultans followed die policy of religious intolerance. The local rulers did not tolerate it and revolted against the Sultans.
- Thepolicies of Muhammad bin Tuglaq – The policies and projects executed by Muhammad bin-Tuglaq made the empire very weak.
Invasion of Taimur – The invasion Of Taimur proved to be fatal blow to Delhi. He ordered mass Killing and looted Delhi.
Make a list of the Sultans of Delhi and also write down their periods.