In this article, we will share MP Board Class 7th Social Science Solutions Chapter 12 Administration and Life of the People during the Sultanate Period Pdf, These solutions are solved subject experts from the latest edition books.
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Solutions Chapter 12 Administration and Life of the People during the Sultanate Period
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 12 Text Book Questions
Choose the correct alternatives from the following:
The number of departments in the administration during the Sultanate period were.
The main center of trade where goods from all over the country was brought was.
Fill in the blanks from the words given in the brackets:
- A new language ……………. developed by mixing Hindi and Persian. (Tamil, Urdu, Kannada).
- The famous philosopher, thinker and writer of this period ……………. wrote in Urdu, Persian and Hindi.(Amir Khusro, Kabirdas, Nahak, Chisti)
- In the field of surgery …………….. and …………… were famous. (Sadruddin and Aimuddin, Machendra and Jog, Vaduruddin and Bami).
- Amir Khusro
- Machendra and Jog
Match the following column A and B L
1. (b) Delhi
2. (a) Bijapur
3. (d) Tried to remove the diffrences between Hindus and Muslims.
4. (c) Founder of Sikhism
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 12 Short Answer Type Questions
Write any two points regarding the social system during the Sultanate period.
- The caste rules were strictly followed. The women did not enjoy much freedom and the purdah system became very common.
- The practice of child marriage, polygamy and sati stystem was prevalent in the society.
What were the main sources of income during the Sultanate Period?
The main sources of income during the Sultanate period was tax on land which was 1/2, or 1/3 rd of the total produce. The other source of income was tax on irrigation, toll tax, mineral extraction, property tax and tax on pilgrimage.
Write two features of the architecture during the Sultanate period with examples.
Pointed arches, domes and lean miners are the main features of architecture of the period.
What were the main teachings of the Bhakti Saints?
All the saints of the Bhakti movement preached universal brotherhood and love. They- preached oneness of God for all religions. The couplets of do has of Kabirdas preached Hindu- Muslim unity and denounced all forms of rituals, sacrifices and religious fanaticism.
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 12 Long Answer Type Questions
Describe the language, literature and scientific progress during the Sultanate period.
Language, literature and scientific progress during the Sultanate period are:
- The temples and mosques were the primary educational centers. In some places, primary schools were also established.
- There were provisions for higher education.
- The main language was Persian. Many Persian words began to be used in Indian languages.
- A new language Urdu developed during this period, which was a mixture of Hindi and Persian language.
- During Sultanate period the regional languages flourished and excellent literary work was created.
- In some Hindu Kingdoms like Vijayanagar Sanskrit was the court language. Various Sanskrit books were translated in various Indian as w ell as Arabic and Persian languages also.
- With the introduction of paper, the oldest available texts were reproduced during fins period throughout the country.
During the Sultanate period Maulana Badmddin, Maulana Sadruddin and Azimuddin were famous physicians. Machandra and Jog were famous surgeons.