MP Board Class 8th Social Science Model Question Paper
Write the correct options to the following questions. Each questions carries 2 marks
MP Board Class 8 Social Science Paper Question 1.
When did British Parliament passed Regulation Act?
MP Board Class 8 Social Science Paper English Medium Question 2.
Who founded Bramho Samaj in 1828?
(a) Swami Dayananda Saraswati
(b) Rajaram Mohan Ray
(c) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(d) Keshava Chandra Sen
(b) Rajaram Mohan Ray
MP Board Class 8 Social Science Paper 2023 English Medium Question 3.
How many Indian languages have been notified in the constitution?
MP Board Class 8 Social Science Paper 2023 Question 4.
Which factors are important in the fertility of soil?
(a) original rock materials
MP Board Class 8 Previous Year Question Paper Question 5.
Which of the following are not degradable wastes?
(d) Polythene bags
(d) Polythene bags
6. Fill in the blanks:
- Lord Dalhousie followed the policy of …………… for empire expansion.
- In 1876 the minimum age for appearing in civil services were reduced to ……………
- Twisted fibre is known as ………………
- In Sial, Silica and …………….. metals are prominent.
- The best quality of wool in Australia is obtained from ……………… sheep.
Answer the following questions in two or three sentences. Each question carries 3 marks.
Pariksha Adhyayan Class 8 Social Science Question 7.
Write the two reasons of British success in India.
The two reasons of British success in India are:
- The reason of British success was their light, small arms and well trained forces.
- Indian states were not united. The rulers of there states were weak and haughty. They indulged in luxury.
Class 8th So.Science MP Board Question 8.
What is sustainable farming?
This kind of agriculture is practiced to meet the local requirements. The products are consumed within the area where these are produced.
Class 8 MP Board Previous Year Question Paper Question 9.
Write any two objectives of the U.N.
The two objectives of the U.N. are:
- To maintain international peace and security, to do joint effort to clear the hurdle in die way of peace.
- To develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the equal rights and self-determination of peoples.
MP Board Class 8 Social Science Paper Hindi Medium Question 10.
What is glacial rock?
When the glacier metals, it starts depositing its sediments in different parts of the valley. The landform made by such deposition is called glacial rock or Moraines.
MP Board Ncert Class 8 Social Science Question 11.
What are Contours?
A contour is an imaginary line drawn on a map which joins the points of the same height above sea-level. Contours are the most accurate and common form of showing the landforms.
Answer the following questions in 40-50 words. Each question carries 5 marks.
Question Bank Class 8 MP Board English Medium Question 12.
Mention three works for society and culture done by Arya Samaj.
Three works done for society and culture by Arya Samaj are:
- Arya Samaj encouraged widow remarriage.
- Arya Samaj opposed child marriage.
- The main contribution of Arya Samaj for society was to spread education. Through the efforts of the Arya Samaj, a network of schools and colleges for boys and girls was established in northern India to promote education.
Social Science Class 8 MP Board Question 13.
What were the objectives of Muslim League?
The objectives of Muslim League were:
- To espouse die feeling of loyalty among Muslims towards British Government.
- To announce the interests and rights of Indian Muslims and put up their aspirations and hopes before government.
- Maintaining the goal of league, to remove any anti-feeling against any community.
Class 8th Previous Year Paper MP Board Question 14.
Write the meaning of Adult Franchise.
Every citizen of India who has attained the age of 18 has the right to vote. This right without any bias of gender, class, caste or religion is available to all. It is called adult Franchise.
So Science Class 8 MP Board Question 15.
What is the difference between a fold and a rift?
The horizon land movement in earth causes wave like bends in rocks. Such 79 Prairies the temperate grasslands are the natural vegetation of central lowlands while shrubs, cactus and other varieties of thorny bushes are found in the desert areas of this great country.
Pantagonia plateau is in the southern region of eastern high lands of South America. The Pantagonia plateau having no rains is dry desert. It is older than Anderes mountain.
Class 8 Sst Question Paper Question 18.
Describe the climate of Australia. Or Where and why grapes are grown in Australia?
1. As Australia lies in the southern Himisphere, season of Australia are opposite to the those of the Northern Himisphere. The rains mainly occur due to south-east trade winds in Australia. East mountain region gets heavy rains white the Central and Western parts remain dry.
2. Western Australia gets scanty rain so there is vast desert. In the north coast by trade winds and southern coasts and Tasmania island gets rain by western winds.
While in south grapes are grown in abundance in Australia. The wine made of grapes is exported. The region’s climate is suitable for grapes growth.
Class 8 MP Board Previous Year Question Paper English Medium Question 19.
What was the impact of Home Rule Movements on Indian Politics? Or Write note on ‘Quilt India Movement’?
1. In the month of April in 1916 Bal Gangadhar Tilak and in September 1916 Annie Besant founded Indian Home Rule League respectively and both aimed at achieving die self-governance for Indians. Bipin Chandra Pal wrote the major achievement of the Home Rule Movement was the making of fighters for the nationalist movement.
2. Tilak and Besant both popularized the Home Rule Movement. Their oratory skills influenced the masses and the restless British govt, followed oppressive measures to curb the influence of two leaders. The British oppressed the nationalists rudely.
1. In May, 1942, Gandhiji started a movement which is known as ‘Quit India Movement’. Through this movement, the people of India asked the Britishers to leave India immediately. As soon as Gandhiji started this movement, a large number of people extended their co-operation. As a result of the movement, the British Government arrested many Congress leaders including Gandhiji and declared Indian National Congress illegal.
2. On this,the Indians rose in open rebellion against the Britishers. They set fire to many police stations, destroyed post offices, Railway stations and other Government buildings. At this, thousands of people were arrested and while the other thousands were shot dead.
MP Board Class 8 Social Science English Medium Question 20.
Write the role of Indian army in peace time? Or Give the reasons of difference between India and Pakistan?
1. Besides defence of the country, from aggression, the defence forces are also employed a number of other ways for the service of the Community, such as the time of floods, earthquakes or other natural Calamities.
2. They have also assisted the UN in peace keeping activities in different countries of the world for example our forces have renders admirable services in Koren Gargi strip, Lebanon, Congo, Yemen and other places.
1. Kashmir issue is the main dispute between India and Pakistan attacked India four times on this issue but right from the start, India’s policy is to settle our disputes through peaceful talks. All the four attacks were aimed to establish control over Kashmir but Indian forces failed all the four evil design of effectively.
2. The second issue is that Pakistan provides military, gives aid and helps to the terrorists with arms. Many terrorists of India get patronage in Pakistan. India does not like these activities done by Pakistan.