MP Board Class 8th General English Solutions Unseen Passages
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below.
The roads are built for everybody’s convenience. We should use them keeping this in view. We should not throw garbage on the roads. They are the public properties. When we are on the roads, we should be very cautious. We should walk on the left side and should not become hurdle to others users of the road. We should cross the roads only on zebra crossing and follow the rules of the roads which have been made for our own safety.
- Why are the roads built ?
- What should we not throw on the roads ?
- Where should we walk on the roads ?
- From where should we cross the roads ?
- Give suitable headings to the above passage.
- The roads are built for everybody’s convenience.
- We should not throw garbage on the roads.
- We should walk on the left side of the roads.
- We should cross the roads only on zebra crossing.
- Suitable title to the passage is – Roads Safety Measures.
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below:
Banaras is an ancient city. It is situated on the banks of river Ganga. There are several temples and tall buildings. Malviyaji established a university in Banaras. The university building is grand and majestic. Malviyaji devoted his whole life to the expansion of this university. This ‘university is a life memorial to Malviyaji. The number of temples in
Banaras is very large. Every year large number of pilgrims visit Banaras to have a glimpse of Gods and Goddesses.
- Where is Banaras situated ?
- What did Maliviyaji establish in Banaras?
- What did Malviyaji do for this ?
- Why do pilgrims visit Banaras ?
- How does the university building of Banaras appear ?
- Banaras is situated on the banks of river Ganga.
- Malviyaji established a university in Banaras.
- Malviyaji devoted his whole life to the expansion of this university.
- Pilgrims visit Banaras to have a glimpse of God and Goddesses.
- The university building of Banaras appears grand and majestic.
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions below it.
The great advantage of early rising is the good start it gives us in our day’s work. The early riser has done a large amount of hard work before other men have got out of bed. In the early morning the mind is fresh, and there are few sounds or other distractions, so the work done at that time is generally well done.
All the work can be finished in good time. The early riser has a long interval of rest in the evening before the timely hour he goes to bed. He gets to sleep several hours before midnight, at the time when sleep is most refreshing and after a sound night’s rest, he rises early next morning. in good health and spirits for the labours of a new day.
- What is the advantage of early rising ?
- Why is the work done in the early morning well done ?
- What enables the early riser to go to bed at proper time ?
- How does he get up next morning ?
- Give a suitable title to the passage.
- Early rising gives a good start to the day’s work. The early riser finishes a good deal of work before others get out of bed.
- Work done in early morning is well done because it is quiet all around and mind is fresh.
- The early riser is able to finish his work quite well in time. Thus he goes to bed at proper time.
- He gets up in good health and spirits the next morning.
- Suitable title to the passage is – “The Advantages of Early Rising’.