In this article, we will share MP Board Class 7th Special English Solutions Chapter 13 Words, Words, Words Pdf, These solutions are solved subject experts from the latest edition books.
MP Board Class 7th Special English Solutions Chapter 13 Words, Words, Words
Words, Words, Words Text Book Exercise
Read and Learn
Answer the following Questions:
Who greeted Anand first?
Ravi greeted Anand First.
How did Anand look?
Anand looked very cross with himself.
What did Anand’s neighbour say to him?
Anand’s neighbour said to him that his blood was boiling.
What did the neighbour really mean?
The neighbour really meant that he was angry with himself.
What words and phrases did Anand fail to understand?
The words and phrases which Anand failed to understand are = Cross, boiling of blood, get, novel.
A. Complete the word puzzle with the help of clues given:
2. to state a problem
4. to welcome
7. a prize
8. a big and dangerous wild animal
1. to grow
3. a book with a long story
5. the red liquid that flows inside our body
6. To have the same opinion.
B. Fill in, the blank spaces choosing the correct words from those given below:
(understand, curse, cross, greet, cultivate)
- As soon as we meet someone we should ………… him.
- One should …………… a river Carefully.
- Ravi could not …………. what the neighbour meant.
- The farmers work hard and ………….. crops.
- It is not good to ……….. others.
C. Match the words in Column (A) with their meanings given in Column (B)
1. → (f)
2. → (k)
3. → (i)
4. → (j)
5. → (b)
6. → (c)
7. → (a)
8. → (e)
9. → (h)
10. → (g)
11. → (d)
Grammar is Use
A. May is used in two ways –
to express possibility
to seek permission
1. We may go tomorrow or the day after (possibility)
2. May I come in, sir? (permission)
Now read the following sentences and write in the whether the use of may in them shows possibility or permission:
- It may rain today.
- May I go to play cricket today?
- He may ask you some more questions.
- I may not be able to play.
- Sir, may I go home now?
- You may go to your teacher but I am sure he won’t allow you.
- he may not allow you to play in the team
- May I go to see a movie with my friends?
B. Write ten meaningful sentences using this table:
- It is a pity that he is late.
- It is certain that anybody can cultivate good habits.
- It is not surprising that he didn’t see me greeting him.
- It is true that a word can be used in different ways.
- It is possible that he is late.
- It is certain that he was angry.
- It is not true that Ravi gets novel ideas.
- It is not surprising that a word can be used in different ways.
- It is a pity that he didn’t see me.
- It is true that anybody can cultivate good habits.
C. Use a word as noun and verb in two separate sentences.
Cross : Cross is a symbol for Red Cross Society.
Cross : Cross the road only at the zebra crossing.
- people (n), people (v)
- reward (n), reward (v)
- curse (n), curse (v)
- boil (n), boil (v)
- Why are so many people standing there?
Our village in peopled by farmers.
- The principal gave me a reward.
Honesty is rewarded sooner or later.
- Durvara’s curse did not going in vain.
She cursed her neighbour in foul language.
- Don’t leave the tea on the boil for long.
The water is boiling inside the kettle.
Talk to your partner and get answers to these questions. Ask him/her to repeat the exercise.
Do you know how to use a dictionary?
Yes, I know how to use a dictionary.
What do you normally use your dictionary for?
I normally use the dictionary to know the meanings of the words.
What other things you can look for in a dictionary?
We can also look for pronunciation, grammar and origin of the words in a dictionary. (pronunciation grammar, origin of the words)
Questions of the partner:
Do you know how to drive a scooter?
Yes, I do.
Do you always go to school on your scooter?
No, I go there on my scooter twice a week.
When did you buy a scooter?
I bought it only last year.
Write a message to your friend that as you didn’t attend the school today and you want him to send the homework for English given by the teacher.
Let’s Do It
Sit in pairs and pick up the new words from the lesson, arrange them in alphabetical order, see their meanings from the glossary.
Words, Words, Words Word Meaning